Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Food Thought for the Day, Martha Stewart hates boiled peanuts, and is also quite rude!

This post isn't a receipt tryout, but a post about southern food which I plan to throw into the mix since this blog is about southern cuisine.  So one of the few perks of unemployment is daytime t.v. Today I was watching the Martha Stewart Show and some of my favorite food guys were on, Charleston's own, the Lee Brothers. Everywhere I turn around I see those guys. And I swear I saw one of them walking down 7th avenue (I am pretty sure they live in NYC, and I am also pretty sure I am the only person who was starstruck and thought, wow, it is a Lee Brother!!).
  Anyway, Martha asked her guests on the show what their favorite food was. And one of the brother's said boiled peanuts and brought out some for the guests to eat. They have a company that sells them. The other twin said buttermilk, not a bad choice either. Martha was pretty rude about it.She didn't even try it. She simply held it in her hand and said, ew, its grey and wet and slimy. The typical reaction you see from Yankees. She doesn't know what she is missing! This makes me want to see if I can get any raw peanuts from Chinatown to boil up! Or head down to the UGA game in a couple of weeks :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment