Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome to Our Blog!

Lauren and I have started a cooking project!The first time Lauren and I started out on a cooking adventure it didn't go so well. We were in junior high and determined to make a caramel cake. I think the cake collapsed before we could frost it, and I know Lauren ended up with a burnt finger!
   We were sitting around before Lauren moved away from NYC and Lauren said wouldn't a Charleston Receipts cookbook blog be even better than the Julia Child Project. I am sure many of ya'll have seen the movie about this blog.  I don't think we have any set crazy timeline as seen in the Julia Child Project. And I hope we don't put our relationships to the test like Julie Powell did.  And some of these receipts (yes, these are called receipts not recipes), are going to be a bit hard (impossible) to pull off. If someone wants to find me a yellow belly cooter for Cooter Soup or some nice possum in Manhattan, I might take up that challenge. But there are plenty of other receipts that will be entertaining enough!* Hope ya'll enjoy our adventure!
xoxo
christine and lauren


* And my lack of cooking experience might be entertaining in its own right. I love to cook but I almost always have to resort to calling my mom. And I love to bake, but I often  forget an ingredient, or double it, like say that sorta important thing called baking powder. Don't worry, I won't leave out those adventures as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment