Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chocolate Souffle, Pg. 242

Best Charleston Receipt. Ever.

Let the pictures speak for themselves:


These are stiff peaks if I've ever seen them.

Pre-Bake - the ingredients made enough for four perfectly-sized ramekins.
Rising....You can do it! You can do it!
Post-Bake. Aren't they beautiful? I was so proud!
Spongy. Delicious. As good as it looks.
Buy this cookbook for this receipt. It was awesome! And it worked perfectly!

For some reason, I thought you were always supposed to cook souffles in water baths, so I put these in a makeshift one. I ended up cooking them about 15 minutes longer than the receipt suggested, but when I talked to my dad (the chef!) about it, he said I shouldn't have used the water bath because the souffles need the dry heat to rise.

Anyway, I'll definitely be making this one again. Thank you, Mrs. Mary Huguenin Bailey!

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment