Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another Charleston Receipts Blog to Read!

Hello readers!
  I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. It was my first thanksgiving not in South Carolina, but luckily for me, a bit of the South came to visit. My sister and her in laws rented an apartment on the upper west side (a block from Lauren's old apartment) and we enjoyed the parade and catching up. I confess I did not employ Charleston Receipts recipes for the Thanksgiving feast. But I did stick at least to the Junior League theme by using Birmingham Junior League cookbooks (who make my next to favorite junior league cookbooks).
  Speaking of Junior League, the Charleston Junior League is also busy celebrating their wonderful cookbook and they have a blog, Cooking in the South, devoted to its receipts as well. I hope everyone adds it to their blogger readers!
  And get excited, tonight I made mock terrapin soup. And yes, it really did feel like a science experiment. You will have to stay tuned to find out how that one went. Ingredients- boiled beef, cream, butter, nutmeg, mustard. I bet you can guess! At least I didn't have to kill a turtle!

No comments:

Post a Comment