Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

'Tis the Season for...Simple Egg Nog, Pg. 23

Simple (and Delicious) Egg Nog
I've been waiting for an excuse to crack into the cocktail section of this book - what better than a day full of work and hectic holiday shopping?

I have to say that Mrs. Augustine T. S. Stoney's Simple Egg Nog would have totally fit the bill had it been slightly more stiff. As it was, this receipt calls for only one tablespoon of "good whiskey or brandy" (or in my case, very marginal whiskey) for each drink. Not quite enough, in my opinion.

Nevertheless, the drink was tasty. It was very similar to slightly-less-sweet melted vanilla ice cream. I wasn't quite sure what she meant by "rich milk" so I watered down some half-and-half. Same concept, I guess.

I also had to fudge a little on the "fresh country egg." The closest I could get was a cage-free egg from Trader Joe's. They were brown, though, which - for some reason - makes them seem a little more "country."

C'est la vie in the city! Cheers!

- Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment